TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS + GASLIGHTING
In today's episode we define and explore the etiology of toxic relationships, the concept of gaslighting as well as the varying mental states of the gaslighters themselves. Listeners will leave with a foundational understanding of how their childhood lens patterns them to label certain experiences as "toxic" while discovering practical tools to start to transform the relationships that need attention.
General Outline of the Episode:
- What is a toxic relationship?
- What causes toxicity in relationships?
- Mechanisms of toxicity - how is the experience created?
- What is gaslighting and what’s really behind it
- Am I Taking Crazy Pills?
- What it's like to be on the other side of gaslighting
- How to shift the cycle to establish if the relationship is worth saving
- Communication and boundaries that shift the conversation instead of set off the toxic cycle
To find out more about Break Method, download show notes + workbook handout PDF, please visit: www.breakmethod.com To BOOK Bizzie Gold on your show or for public speaking engagements, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or head over to www.bizziegold.com